Here are some notes from the information night held in September.
- Lunch box – Ensure child can open/close.
- Drinks container – Spill proof!!!
- Small lunch - Food –Manageable and varied.
- Toys- Children should not bring toys to school!
- Clothes- make sure that the children can open clothes (for toilet) e.g. close belts, trousers etc.
- Shoes-Please have Velcro rather than shoelaces if your child cannot tie their shoes
- No nuts, yogurt drinks, Frubes and kiwis due to allergies in school
- School doors open at 8.40a.m.-Children will be supervised in the hall until 8.50 a.m. 8.50a.m. – School starts
- Two lunches (10.50-11.00 and 12.30-1.00)
- Finish at 1.30 p.m. from Monday 18th September.
- It is important to be punctual in the mornings and in the evenings.
- Teachers are not permitted to give birthday invitations to children unless all children in the class are invited to the birthday party. Parents may distribute birthday invitations at the end of the school day to other parents.
- Homework folders will be collected on Friday and distributed on Monday.
- Monday: Sound copy. Stick/draw pictures relating to the sound into the sound copy. Practise the sounds in their look book (the small notebook).
- Tuesday: Talking Tuesday. The children will talk about a topic at home with their parent/guardian. F
- Wednesday: Same as Monday. Sound copy as above but with new sound.
- Thursday: Busy at Maths Home/School link book.
- Gradual progression to-Words, Phonics, Reading book, activity in copy as year progresses.
- Homework will start from 06.09.2017
- It will be displayed on the information board outside the classroom on Mondays. Take a picture!
- It will also be available on our weebly page. This is also accessible via the school’s main website (check the blogs section)
- Formal parent/teacher meeting later in the year at the end of January/start of February.
- If you wish to speak with the class teacher please make an appointment for after school time. Teachers are not permitted to meet parents during school hours.
- If somebody else is collecting your child please inform the teacher otherwise your child will not be allowed leave school for child protection purposes.
- Absence- written note. Slips found on information board. Please fill in and return as soon as possible to the teacher after the absence takes place.
- Children arriving after 09.10 am are recorded as late. Children arriving after 10.00 am are recorded as absent. This is Department of Education requirements.
- Inform teacher if collecting early and please sign your child out of school at the office.